We’re down to single digits in days left for our Kickstarter campaign! Dig this video, then dig down into your pockets and show a little love. We’re getting close now, and the recording studio beckons more and more! This new album really wants to get recorded… Click HERE to kick a little our way. Enjoy!
Noah would like to tell you all something about his guitar:
“This is my guitar. I have played her on the road for years. She earns my bread, keeps me clothed, keeps me fed, makes people dance, makes people happy. She is my baby.
“I am fortunate enough to spend my life playing this guitar with an amazing band some of you may have heard of – the Dirty Bourbon River Show. My band and I are currently trying to raise funds to record our next album, and we are way way behind… we have less than 10 days to raise $6,000, or we won’t meet our 10k goal, and wont get any of our funding….
“And so, to the next person out there that donates $1,000 to our project and brings us up to 50% funded, I will give you my guitar. Straight up. I’ll even clean her up, put some more dope-ass parts in, set her up, and string/tune her to your preferred action / gauge / etc and then you can have my baby. I’ve played her full time for over 3 years. And now, I want her to go to a good home.
Right before this current tour began, we at the Dirty Bourbon River Show had the honor of sharing a bill with my very favorite act based out of Boston, the Vapors of Morphine. For me, Morphine was one of the best and certainly most unique acts to come out of the 90s, and they had a heavy influence on my playing and writing, so of course I couldn’t walk right past an opportunity to jump on stage with them to play a New Orleans classic!
Thanks to a camera-savvy member of the audience, I was able to get some footage to hold onto. People, get ready for some saxophone porn, because here it comes! Here’s the Members of Morphine playing “Ain’t My Fault” with yours truly and some other choice players. The four saxophonists on stage actually represent NYC, Chicago, Boston, and NOLA! Dig it.
Also, tonight we’ll be debuting in Charlottesville, VA at The Southern with Virginia’s own very talented The Judy Chops! It’s bound to be a hell of a good time, so come make the hang. The doors open at 8:30, and the Judy Chops kick things off at 9:00. Really looking forward to this one!
P.S. If you haven’t already made your donation to the Kickstarter project to fund our next album, time’s running out! We still need over $6,000 to make our dreams a reality, and we need every little bit of help we can get. Click HERE to show your love and appreciation for what we do!
How would you like a copy of our brand new limited edition hand-signed Dirty Bourbon River Show vinyl for free, delivered right to your door?
“Whaaaa?” you’re probably thinking… “What do I have to do?”
Its simple folks! Follow these 2 easy steps:
1) Visit our KICKSTARTER page. If you’ll notice, we’re only at 23%, and we only have 24 days to go :(… So, for the next 24 hrs only, if you pledge $50 or more to our cause, we’ll mail you copy of the vinyl this week. Shipping included. Not kidding. Oh, and you still get all the kick starter rewards too when the next album comes out (First edition pressing of the new album on CD + hand-signed letter of thanks + free sticker + digital download of a new song from the record [prior to public release]!) Now that’s a lot of swagger.
2) Once you’ve pledged $50 or more, simply visit our FACEBOOK PAGE and private message us your name, pledge amount, and the address you want your vinyl shipped to (lower 48 only, sorry folks).
Oh, and there’s one final catch: only the first 24 pledges will receive a vinyl!
24 hrs only! Happy pledging!!!
Love, The DIRTY BOURBON RIVER SHOW
UPDATE: as of 7:30pmCT, there are still vinyls to be claimed! Grab yours now before its too late!
If you’ve been sitting around wondering – “Hey, you know I wish those Dirty Bourbs would release some new material already!! It’s not enough they have all that music (on Bandcamp and iTunes)!!”
Well guess what?? We got something for you!!
The good folks over at Daytrotter Studios have posted up our session, as well as a magical illustration of yours truly!!
Now, if you’re digging those 4 new tracks and are curious as to when the next album is coming out, well guess what?? You can decide – sort of!!
As you may know we are in the middle of raising money for our Kickstarter which will go to producing our next album!! We have the music, a great title and a vision for our cover – all we need is more MONEY (and support and love and kind words)!!
So… While you’re listening to our Daytrotter session, make your way over to our Kickstarter page and put some money in the box-ah (for a sweet prize)!!
We’ve been keeping our lips sealed about this for quite some time now, and are super excited to finally announce the big news: today we’re launching a Kickstarter funding campaign to help produce our brand new studio album (coming in the spring of 2015)! Producing a top-notch record is a very costly endeavor. We want the end result to be something of true quality and as special as our fans are to us. Head over to our project page on Kickstarter to learn more about the new album and how any funds raised will be used to create the record…plus, we’ve got some pretty fun backer rewards to peruse as well! Think backstage meet and greets, free digital and/or physical copies of the new album, shout outs in the liner notes and other such goodies. Thank you for your continued support of our creative process. We couldn’t do it without you and greatly appreciate your consideration to pitch in on the project and help spread the word!
The Wolfman Music Video – hopefully you’ve seen this by now. Please take a moment to spread this link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY58VG0laBw <-around to a few peeps you know – via facebook, twitter, your blog, or, most importantly, fancy music industry cats & publications you know. The video currently has 4,011 views and we’re trying to make it to 5,000 views before the 21st when The Most Peculiar Thing drops and the Volume Three album cycle is over. Let the world know! This is a video we feel very strongly about & want as many people to enjoy it as possible!
Hello everybody – new month, new weather – time to get the ball rolling again. Couple of things we’re working on:
1) Our 3rd album – Volume Two. Just finished mapping out another song for this beast, titled “Mad” (check it here). Have about 8 out of 10 songs started. Tracking a few of them down at the Music Shed on the 23rd (thanks Elizabeth!). This album is really shaping out – and I’m really happy with how our individual sound is developing.
2) October Tour. Slipping out of NOLA for a minute at the end of the month to play a few shows & festivals in the Carolinas and Virginia with our dear friends Holy Ghost Tent Revival. Got insurance seats in the van now (just need seatbelts). Can’t express how f’in excited I am for this run. Yargh.
3) Causes. Playing a clinic for the children of the Big Top on the 8th, then a gulf spill aid festival called WarehouseFest 2010, then closing out the month with Take the Lake festival on the 30th in Wilmington, NC.
4) My uncle – Bryan Adams – died last Thursday. He was a great man and supporter of the Dirty Bourbon River Show – if you remember back to our Kickstarter project last may – he was the largest of our donors – donating $667. Don’t ask how he came to that number; he was a wild, and incalculable man. A great American. Everything all rolled into one. Check the obit here.
Yarghdeharghhargh! Week one of argh wonderful Kickstarter project now drawing to a close. It’s been a good 1st run. Thank you so much to argh first 13 backers – $610/$3,ooo now raised – that’s 20%!! Yessssirrreee! 20%!!!
But we still have 80% to go – the first 3 days were good, but it cooled off a little as the week drew to a close. Getting a little worried. Let’s not hit a lull. Anyone with cool ideas on how to spread the word please hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yargh!
~ Captain Noah Adams Without a Boat Only Presently