Volume Four is now tracked, mixed & mastered, the album art is done, and it is by far our greatest work yet!!! It will be the last volume in the four part series, and in tradition, there will be 10 songs on this album:
01) Ballad of the Oompa Soca Man and the Orangutan Factory
02) Mama, I’ve Been Abducted by Creatures of an Unholy Sound!
03) Dear Grandma
04) Ode to Sophie Loren
05) Chromatic Circus Fantasy (Brass Redux)
06) I Need Your Love
07) Honey, You Ain’t Gonna Be The One I Love
08) Jewish Girls Who Went To Art School Know All The Angles
09) Mr. Mustachio’s Stomp (Stomp For Mr. Mustachio)
10) Return of the Oompa Soca Man and the Orangutan Factory
To hear a preview of the new album simply go to our bandcamp page at dbrs.bandcamp.com
There you’ll find a full, streamable version of the 1st single “Jewish Girls Who Went To Art School Know All The Angles” along with lyrics for all the songs and more!
When’s it gonna come out? We don’t know yet… but soon… we promise!
It’s official! This June we’ll be performing at the 2013 Radio & Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington. The event is traditionally attended by the President of the United States and will be broadcast nationally on CSPAN. This is a huge honor and we are looking forward to getting spiffy and representing New Orleans in the best way possible.
We also have a whole bunch of new showdates posted on the left side bar as well <— check ’em out, tons of new ones, including a Lundi Gras party with New Orleans’ own Soul Rebels at the Blue Nile on February 11th.
Headed to Piety Studio in the Bywater tomorrow to begin recording Volume IV – stay tuned!